Wednesday, November 14, 2007

happy birthday, stan: part one



This beautiful guy here is Dave's dad, Stan Rowley. He would have been 64 today. He died in March 2004, of lung cancer. But Dave and I met late in 2003, so I got to meet him and spend a little time with him. Lucky!

I'm going to do this like a Christmas stocking, where I pull out an item and we look at it together. It'll be a belated birthday stocking. That's what.

*A good thing about falling in love with Dave is that here's a man who knows what true love is - he got to see it in action all his life, watching his mama and papa. Stan and Larraine were together for forty years and they were like teenagers all the way. Intensely, madly in love. It's great to join a clan that has that kind of goodness at its base, right?

To be continued tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anne said...

My dad died of lung cancer in March 2004 too. Luckily, M got to meet him about a year earlier, and we got engaged before he died.