Friday, November 02, 2007

november second = november first (because it simply must be)


I will tell you who these ladies are at the end of the post.

Look, I just now found out about and signed up for NaBloPoMo, which is of course, National Blog Posting Month, so today I'm going to post twice and right now I'm pretending that today is yesterday. So I didn't miss anything. Time, time is nothing but a construct, people. Yesterday is today is tomorrow. Be here now. But yeah, so this means I have to put up a new post every day during November. And I will. OH MY GOD, ARE YOU SO EXCITED?! QUALITY CONTENT AT QUANTITY PRICES OR SOMETHING!!

Last year I did NaNoWriMo, which is National Novel Writing Month, and I did it, I won, I wrote a 50,000 word "novel". Or, you know, 50,000 words of a novel. Maybe sometime when I don't know what to tell you here in NaBloPoMo, I will post excerpts. Unless I chicken out.

But having done NaNoWriMo - which requires a big old word count and everything - if I can't pull off NaBloPoMo I am a total pussy of the highest order.

This post is a post, see? This is the one in which I introduce you to the concept of the month. This is the post where I invite you to come back every day and look at new words. You can even come back later today, because today is two days because time is my flunky.

All right. Now. Why the ladies? Why that row of ladies at the top of the post? Well, first I just stuck them up there because I wanted to have a picture and I felt that this post supported randomness. But now I've decided that those Dawn dolls are my NaBloPoMo...group of...they're my committee. My jury. Some furies. The Chorus. A peanut gallery. They will be by to offer commentary or judgement or just to lurk around. I will name them later, in another post, because you gotta spread it out during NaBloPoMo.

P.S. Hey! My husband just got poems published in a real print journal for the first time! Our copy arrived today. It's called Mimesis. Three poems in there! He is famous and great and I am proud of him. Here is his blog. Go make out with him. No, don't! He's my husband! My God!

No comments: